POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Retrieving Speed from Moving object : Re: Retrieving Speed from Moving object Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:08:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Retrieving Speed from Moving object
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 4 Apr 2003 10:20:35
Message: <3e8da2c3$1@news.povray.org>
Perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying (or
I said it wrong, it depends... :-)

If I've got a macro which returns me an object, which is
based upon the float X, which itself may range from
0 to 1, then I've got something like an animated object,
right? At least, if I'm changing X according to some clock.

So, if I can check object at X=0 and at X=.1, I've possibly
got two different positions for the object, but there might
as well be two different objects, if the macro switches
between objects according to the X-Value.

I was sort of thinking of some "Radar" Script which will
ping the two different positions and return me the distance
covered in relation to difference in the X Values.

But I can't do that, already figured that out. Solved it like
you mentioned: some other macro which is used for
placing the object. If I transform a vector with it, I can
see where the vector was at transform with X=0 and
with X=.1, I can calculate the distance etc etc.

I was thinking about "pinging" the boundary box, but that
doesn't work when the object changes, and you're comment
was right anyway, but just wasn't what I asked for.

Now, now, don't start crying! :-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde